Specialist in Oversize Hauling
Shop Supervisor - Tacoma, WA
Privately owned and operated since 1974, we are the specialists in oversized hauling in the Puget Sound area. We are looking to hire an experienced Shop Supervisor/ Diesel Mechanic. In this Full-time lead position, you will provide working supervisory oversight for a team of mechanics performing inspections, maintenance, repairing and overhauling heavy-duty vehicles and trucks, trailers, fork lifts, and other automotive vehicles. You will ensure services provided are in compliance with safety procedures. The work shift begins at 6:30am and you must supply own hand tools for repair and maintain your own equipment (Employer does not supply personal hand tools).
If you enjoy working in a small fast-paced business and performing hands-on mechanical work while leading a small team, then we want to talk with you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and directs the repair of diesel engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical troubleshooting, steering and cooling systems.
• Schedules and manages a team of mechanics.
• Motivates, trains, coaches and ensures overall productivity of mechanics.
• Oversees and/or performs a variety of maintenance and repair tasks.
• Evaluates and dismantles devices to remove defective parts, detect imperfections, repair or replace parts.
• Overhauls engines, repairs, replaces, rebuilds or overhauls components and parts.
• Ability to weld or oversee welding of parts. Metal fabrication and experience a plus
• Maintain appearance and cleanliness of trucks and trailers (including sweeping of decks, etc.)
• Three to five years related mechanic experience and/or training preferred (ASC certification preferred); plus a minimum of three to five years of experience with industry specific repairs in addition to prior experience managing personnel.
• Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and valid CDL license-Class A (preferable).
• Must adhere to required safety regulations at all times
• Must be able to pass a customer required criminal background check.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as repair manuals for equipment, rules, instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to conduct metal fabrication and welding oversight and experience a plus.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong customer service skill to internal and external customers.
• Ability to work independently; be self-motivated and results oriented.
• ASC certification preferred.
We offer 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents, plus paid company holidays and paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.