Specialist in Oversize Hauling
Truck Driver - Tacoma, WA
Privately owned and operated since 1974, we are the specialists in oversized hauling in the Puget Sound area. We are looking to hire a Class A licensed Truck Driver. In this Full-time position, you will safely drive within guidelines to ensure customer needs are met within the agreed upon timelines.
If you enjoy working in a small fast-paced business and performing hands-on mechanical work while leading a small team, then we want to talk with you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate, drive, and back 8-12 axle Low Boys (up to 260,000 GVW, height to 18’, width up to 20’) effectively under a wide variety of weather, traffic and road/terrain conditions.
• Operate hydraulic Move All, mechanical or hydraulic detaches and fold down necks.
• Use four-axle tractor and single axle boosters as needed.
• Know requirements and how to: flag loads, communicate with pilot/escort vehicles, use oversize load signs.
• Perform pre-trip inspections of equipment being hauled including balancing, tie down and tarping.
• Operate various types of machinery effectively (e.g., forklifts, cranes, booms) to load and unload equipment, and understand rules for proper tie down for each machine.
• Review packing slips to verify accuracy of product loaded, equipment and customer information.
• Monitor and document all maintenance and safety concerns and report same to shop.
• Maintain appearance and cleanliness of trucks and trailers (including sweeping of decks, etc.) before leaving job site.
• Three to five years related Move All experience and/or training preferred
• Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and valid CDL license-Class A.
• Must adhere to required safety regulations at all times
• Must be able to manage all assignments from planning and organizing to managing time appropriately and determining route
• Must be able to effectively manage the driving space (e.g. height, weight, width, distances, hazards, etc.) and apply advance judgment to establish exit plans relative to loading terrain(e.g., determining height, width, weight, DOT regulations and safety issues)
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Strong customer service skill to internal and external customers.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems, experiment with solutions and make recommendations for resolution.
• Ability to work independently; be self motivated; results oriented.
• Must be able to pass a customer required criminal background check.
We offer 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents, plus paid company holidays and paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Back to Job Openings