Specialist in Oversize Hauling
Class A CDL – Heavy Haul/Girder Truck Driver
Competitive pay, rich 401K contribution, FREE benefits for employees and their family, and well maintained equipment make this a fantastic opportunity for experienced drivers. Privately owned and operated since 1974, V Van Dyke are specialists in oversized hauling in the Puget Sound area. We are looking to hire a Class A licensed Heavy Haul Truck Driver. In this Full-time position, you will safely drive within guidelines to ensure customer needs are met within the agreed upon timelines.
This position is responsible for operating, driving and maintaining various heavy haul configurations including up to 260,000 GVW, height to 18’, width up to 20’ safely and within guidelines to ensure customer needs are met within the agreed upon timelines.
Check out examples of our heavy haul work below!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate various heavy hauling configurations (up to 260,000 GVW, height to 18’, width up to 20’) under a wide variety of conditions including off road
- Manage brake usage to prevent failure during operation and know best evasive options in the event of loss
- Operate hydraulic, jeeps and steering equipment, and mechanical or hydraulic trailers
- Operate and move over dimensional loads
- Ability to pull stretch flatbed and up to 100’ loads
- Ability to learn to haul girders up to 200’ long.
- Verify, tarp, and balance loads on trailers
- Understand impact of loads on axle weights and variable kingpin positions, as well as pressures on boosters and drop axles.
- Know requirements and how to: flag loads, communicate with pilot/escort vehicles, and use oversize load signs
- Perform pre-trip inspections, monitor and maintain vehicle and load
- Complete basic maintenance of trucks
- Three to five years related experience and/or training preferred
- Must have a valid State Driver’s License and valid CDL license-Class A.
- Must adhere to required safety regulations at all times
- Must be able to pass a customer required criminal background check and supply an MVR
Company offers a full range of benefits. Includes free medical, dental, and vision for the whole family, rich 401K contribution and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.