Heavy Haul Trucking Dispatcher
Heavy Haul Construction Dispatcher
Great pay and benefits! Opportunities for growth.
V Van Dyke is seeking a Heavy Haul Trucking Dispatcher to support our operations.
As the Heavy Haul Dispatcher, you will be responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and dispatching heavy haul drivers to and from customer work sites to ensure customer needs are met within agreed upon timelines. You will become the expert on our drivers and the capabilities of our Company and interact closely with customers, drivers, and others within the Company. This requires excellent communication and analytical skills. While this is generally a Monday through Friday position, it requires the person to be on-call and available as business needs necessitate.
- Schedule work according to established market strategy.
- Coordinate with customers, drivers and outside Companies for timely delivery while maximizing customer service and efficiency.
- Inter-face with customers as an inside salesman, providing timely rate quotes, scheduling service, and providing project management to the customer base.
- Prepare dispatch orders according to company standards.
- Obtain permits and schedule pilot cars when necessary.
- Works with safety director to schedule monthly driver safety meetings.
- Work with the maintenance department to schedule equipment maintenance.
- Arrange for roadside repair service.
- Relate to each driver’s individual communication style.
- Become an expert in company policies; union contract, guide and assist other dispatchers, drivers and riggers within company guidelines.
- High School Diploma
- Five years related experience and/or training or three years on the job experience.
- Knowledge of permit requirements, bridge and axle regulations, and ordering procedures in all states, counties, and cities of operation.
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service skill to internal and external customers.
- Ability to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills with managers, supervisors, individual employees, dispatchers, and customers.
- Ability to work independently; be self-motivated; results-oriented.
Don’t worry; we have great benefits and perks too:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Generous PTO
- 9 paid Holidays per year
We take pride in a safe work environment, drug and background checks required.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.