V Van Dyke is seeking a Warehouse/Yard Crew Member in Puyallup to help support our yard and support the loading and unloading of construction materials.
You will be responsible for supporting the warehouse & yard storage, inventory, the safe loading, unloading and moving of large machinery or freight. Additionally, you will maintain storage areas in the most efficient configuration possible and keep the yard and grounds neat and organized.
- Lead and direct on jobs to ensure safe and proper loading and unloading of machinery or freight.
- Research information and resources needed to complete a job and plan and schedule work and manpower efficiently.
- Use appropriate chains or straps to properly lift machinery or equipment using a crane, forklift or boom.
- Safely load equipment onto the truck trailer and set blocks appropriately to ensure a secure load.
- Understand and be familiar with all straps and chains and maintain knowledge of the weight allowances.
- Pad and tie down loads safely, securely and in a timely manner.
- Place loads to achieve proper balance on trailers (vital).
- Know and observe weight limits on all axles.
- Operate a forklift effectively to load and unload equipment.
- Tarp all types of loads effectively (including odd shapes).
- Review packing slips to verify accuracy of product loaded, equipment and customer information.
- Perform required visual inspections of all equipment before, during, and after trips.
- Document all maintenance and safety concerns and repot same to the shop.
- Complete and submit Warehouse Receipts and Bills of lading, including documentation of load damage to Warehouse Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years related warehouse and inventory control experience with increasing responsibilities
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to identify and perform basic mechanical tasks.
- Ability to work independently; be self-motivated; results oriented.
Don’t worry; we have great benefits and perks too:
- Competitive hourly wage
We take pride in a safe work environment, drug and background checks required.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Job Type: Full-time